Mint Green Pea Soup
¼ cup Lactantia Butter
½ cup chopped onions 125 ml
3 cups peas 750 ml
2 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves 30 ml
2 cups vegetable stock 500 ml
2 cups Beatrice 2% Milk 500 ml
salt and pepper
Active Time: 30 minutes
1. In a large saucepan melt butter over
medium-high heat. Add onions and cook for 3 minutes,
until softened. Add peas and cook for 3 minutes.
2. Add mint and stock and bring to a boil. Cover and
simmer 15-20 minutes.
3. With a hand held blender or in batches in a food
processor, blend until smooth gradually adding milk.
4. Return to saucepan to low heat until heated through.
Adjust seasonings as necessary.
1. This soup is also good served cold.