Broccoli and Cheddar Soup with Croutons
4 slices day old bread, cut into cubes 4 slices
1 tbsp Lactantia My Country Butter, melted 15 ml
2 tbsp Lactantia My Country Butter 30 ml
1 onion, chopped 1
4 cups broccoli florets 1 L
1 potato, peeled and chopped 1
2 ½ cups vegetable broth 500 ml
½ cup Beatrice Light Cream 125 ml
1 cup shredded Black Diamond Extra Old Cheddar 250 ml
Active Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
1. For Croutons: Melt butter and toss
with cubes of bread. Spread on a baking sheet and bake
at 350°F for 10 minutes until crisp and lightly
2. For Soup: In a medium pot, melt butter over medium-high
heat. Add onion and cook until tender, about 5 minutes.
3. Add broccoli, potato and broth. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
4. Using a hand held blender or in batches in a food
processor, process soup until smooth.
5. Return to low heat add cream and stir constantly
until heated through.
6. Ladle into 4 bowls. Evenly distribute croutons. Sprinkle
each bowl with ¼ cup of shredded cheese. Serve