Breakfast Biscuits½ cup Lactantia Omega 3 Margarine
2 cups all purpose flour 500 ml
4 tsp baking powder 20 ml
1 tsp salt 5 ml
¼ tsp pepper 1.2 ml
½ cup caramelized onions 125 ml
½ cup diced red pepper 125 ml
½ cup shredded Black Diamond Old Cheddar 125 ml
½ cup diced cooked black forest style ham 125 ml
2 eggs 2
approx. 1 cup Beatrice Buttermilk approx 250 mlActive Time: 25 minutes
Baking Time: 20 minutes
Makes 8 large biscuits
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a baking
sheet or line with parchment paper.
2. In a large bowl mix flour, baking powder, salt and
pepper until well blended. Cut in margarine. Add onions,
red pepper, cheese and ham, mix well.
3. In a 2-cup (500 ml) measuring cup add eggs. Beat
lightly with a fork. Add enough buttermilk to measure
1 ½ cups. Beat lightly again and add to flour
mixture. Mix until just blended.
4. Drop biscuit mixture in ½ cup (125 ml) measurements
onto prepared baking sheet.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until lightly browned.