Decadent Macaroni and Cheese
4 cups macaroni 1 L
2 cups Beatrice Homogenized Milk 500 ml
2 bay leaves 2
dash nutmeg dash
½ tsp dried thyme leaves 2.5 ml
3 tbsp Lactantia Butter 45 ml
3 tbsp all purpose flour 45 ml
2 cups Balderson Old Cheddar, shredded 500 ml
1 cup Black Diamond Medium Cheddar, shredded 250 ml
4 tbsp parmesan cheese 60 ml
½ cup bread crumbs 125 mlActive Time: 20 minutes
Baking Time: 25-35 minutes
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
Lightly butter a 9 x 13 ovenproof casserole dish.
2. Cook macaroni in lots of boiling salted water until
3. In a small pot add milk, bay leaves, nutmeg and thyme.
Bring to a simmer. Remove from heat.
4. In another pot melt butter over medium-high heat. Whisk
in flour and cook for 2 minutes. Strain the hot milk into
the roux and mix until smooth. Bring to a boil and cook,
stirring constantly, for 3 minutes. Lower heat to medium-low.
5. Add the cheddar cheeses and stir until melted. Taste
and add salt and pepper as necessary.
6. Combine cooked macaroni and cheddar sauce. Pour the
mixture into the prepared dish.
7. Combine parmesan cheese and bread crumbs and sprinkle
evenly over macaroni.
8. Bake for 25-35 minutes until browned and bubbling.