1 cup Beatrice Purfiltre
2% Milk 250 ml
¼ cup Lactantia Butter 60 ml
1 egg 1
4 cups all purpose flour 1L
2 tsp salt 10 ml
1 tbsp sugar 15 ml
1 pkg (1/4 oz) active dry yeast 8 g
¼ cup Lactantia Butter, softened 60 ml
1 cup brown sugar 250 ml
1 tbsp cinnamon 15 ml
Active Time: 30 minutes
Resting Time 1 ½ hours
Baking Time: 20-25 minutes
Makes 12 buns
1. In a small
saucepan over medium heat add milk and butter. Heat to
2. Meanwhile, mix together 2 ½ cups (625 ml) flour,
salt, sugar and yeast.
3. Add warm milk mixture and egg to flour mixture and
using a hand mixer blend at medium speed for 2-3 minutes.
4. Using a strong spoon stir in 1 cup (250 ml) flour until
dough pulls cleanly from sides of bowl.
5. Transfer dough to a lightly floured surface and by
hand knead in an additional ½ cup (125 ml) of flour
until dough is smooth.
6. Lightly grease a medium bowl, add dough, cover with
plastic wrap and tea towel and allow to rise for 1 hour
or until doubled in size.
7. Punch down dough and press into a 12" x 9"
8. Mix softened butter, brown sugar and cinnamon in a
small bowl. Spread evenly over dough.
9. Starting on 12" side roll up dough and pinch to
close. Using a sharp knife cut into 12 buns. Place on
a lightly greased baking sheet, cover with greased plastic
wrap and allow to rise for 20 minutes or until doubled
in size. Preheat oven to 350°F.
10. Remove plastic wrap. Bake for 20-25 minutes until
lightly browned and until buns sound hollow when tapped.